Re: [dwashington@gmx.net: An attempt at improving cross-distribution software deployment: The Psys Library]

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> JFYI, as I'm not sure someone of the dpkg devs is on the
> distributions@l.freedesktop.o list. You might want to voice your
> comments on the topic.

I'm there and Denis made the effort to present his project on
debian-dpkg@l.d.o too. Unfortunately I'm not too keen on the proposed
approach and it looks like neither is Guillem:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2010/06/msg00028.html

I'd rather see more bridges created between RPM and dpkg and continue
having LSB mandate RPM rather than this third-party installer approach.
(In fact I would prefer if we could merge rpm and dpkg and create the
truly universal package manager but that's still far away I fear).

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/