Re: file filtering in dpkg -i

Hello Jean-Christophe,

please keep me in CC, it's rather painful to hand-craft a properly threaded
reply :) (I'm not subscribed)

Jean-Christophe Dubacq [Mon, 17 May 2010 23:16:26 +0200]:
> What about files included and not the directories above ?
> Maybe a directory should be included only if it contains nothing or only
> included paths. But this will make online qualification algorithm
> (excluded/included) more complicated.

Yes, we do need to account for this case. Tollef's patch has some code
for that, however, it does not currently work. I'll fix this.

For the record, I got it almost (except for above case) working now,
with --include and --exclude options. I wrote a bunch of test cases,
which now just have one failure left.

Thanks,

Martin