"Ephemeral" files in .deb package

Hello.

I'm looking for way to bundle some files in .deb package which are
unpacked to filesystem during installation or upgrade, but aren't
touched nor managed by dpkg beyond it. Is there way to achieve it?

Let me describe the situation: I use dpkg in embedded device, which is
not really fast, so fontconfig cache generation may take quite a long
time. I would like to generate fontconfig caches during build, add them
to package and then install them alongside the fonts. OTOH, those caches
may become invalid (e.g. if user drops another file in directory with
fonts, even if file dropped belongs to another package), so dpkg
shouldn't care about the changes to this file, nor register it in
database.

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/