Re: Use "--previous" when updating PO files for manpages

Hi!

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 17:28:01 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> The attached patch is meant to use the "--previous" version of po4a
> (implemented in po4a 0.31) when (re)generating PO files for manpages.
>
> That would allow translators to more easily figure out what changed in
> a strings when it has been fuzzied by a change in the original string.

Thanks for the patch. It was missing an instance of the po4a call
though.

> We briefly discussed this with Guillem today.

Right, and also as discussed I filed a bug report on gettext (#538137)
to be able to use --previous for msgmerge, so that we can use it
everywhere. I'll be applying this first patch and once gettext gains
support for it write the other part.

thanks,
guillem