Re: dpkg-buildpackage vendor hook for environment variable changes?

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Colin Watson wrote:
> How about something like this:
>
>   =item default-build-flags ($flags)
>
>   The first parameter is a reference to a hash of environment variable
>   names to their default values. The hook is called by dpkg-buildpackage
>   immediately before setting default values in the environment.
>
> The hook implementation could then be something like:
>
>     my $flags = shift @params;
>     $flags->{LDFLAGS} = '-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions';
>
> If this makes sense to people, I can put together a patch.

Yeah, I'm fine with this until we settle on something more definitive.

In other words this hook might not last long in this form but
I would apply it anyway until we come to a conclusion in
the discussion concerning how the default flags are communicated
to the packages.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/