Re: A few fixes for program messages

Hi Sven and Helge,

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 22:06:24 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> while working on the German dpkg translation I noticed a typo in
> src/filesdb.c and three examples of clumsy/slightly incorrect English in
> scripts/update-alternatives.pl.  Not being a native speaker nor terribly
> familiar with update-alternatives myself, I may of course be wrong, so I
> leave this to your judgment:

> Unless "statusoverrides" is a /terminus technicus/ of its own (I don't
> think it is), it should probably be changed further to
> "status overrides".

Yeah, there's lots of cases like this.

Could you guys add this kind of stuff, and any further strings you
think could be improved/reworded, or made easier for translators to
<http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/StringsReview>?

We'll be doing a review from the source side, and probably batch those
kind of fixes at some point.

thanks,
guillem