Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

Hello Norbert,

Sorry, I forgot to report my findings.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:36:35PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 16 Mär 2009, Nicolas François wrote:
>
> > I will try to review update-info-dir next week.
>
> That would be great, please use the version from svn always, thanks.
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texinfo/branches/split-ii/debian/update-info-dir?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

update-info-dir is simple, so easy to review. Thanks ;)

> for i in `find "$INFODIR" -name \*.info.gz -or -name \*.info` ; do

I don't think all info files are named *.info.gz or *.info.

For example I have:
 /usr/share/info/texinfo.gz
 /usr/share/info/groff.gz
 /usr/share/info/emacs-22/mh-e.gz

Maybe all files from /usr/share/info should be taken into account, except:
 dir)
 dir.old)
 *-[0-9])
 *-[0-9].gz)

Also, it could be more robust to space issues to run something like:
	find "$INFODIR" -type f | while read file; do

> ginstall-info "$i" "$INFODIR/dir" || true

I would propose to detect errors from ginstall-info, but still continue:

	errors=0

	ginstall-info "$i" "$INFODIR/dir" || {
		errors=1
	}