Re: apt oprions & calculating full dependencies

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009, Victoria Muntean wrote:
> I have two questions about apt tools. Does this list cover apt-tools too ?

No, it covers only the development of dpkg. Try deity@lists.debian.org or
better a user support list.

> 1) Which option to apt-programs can print current value of apt.conf
> option. For example, How do I print value of option apt::build-essential.

See the python-apt binding. I don't think any dedicated program exist.

> 2) Which option of apt-programs will calculate and print full recursive
> dependencies of given package.

apt-cache depends is a start (not recursive though)

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/