[RFC] [Cross Toolchain] Multiarch and sysrooted toolchain

Hello,

 [*]
  I have been looking lately into making some cross toolchain
improvements, one of them will be to change to a sysrooted cross
toolchain, but the current layout we are using by dpkg-cross installs
relevant bits under:
 <DIR>/{include,bin,lib,lib64}
  Mainstream code expects a different layout more LHS compliant,
 <DIR>/{usr/include,bin,lib,lib64}

  If anyone cares, how do you feel about changing cross tools layout?

 [*]
  Another improvement we want to achive is a fully multiarch support in
dpkg, that might also affect other tools (not sure).

   Is there any information arround, maybe LHS, on how to setup <DIR>
layout?

   Nowadays we are using non multiarch structure as:

usr/$arch-linux-gnu
|-- bin
|-- include
|-- lib
`-- lib64

   But what it should look like in future? /usr/include/$arch-linux-gnu?
Would it be reasonable to be using a new layout like:

usr/include/$arch-linux-gnu
|-- bin
|-- usr/include
|-- lib
`-- lib64

  I am missing some papers on multiarch, are there any kind of
information out there.

  Kind Regards,
  Héctor Orón