Re: Next upload 2008-03-30 (dpkg 1.14.17)

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 15:35:47 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Given the important changes (triggers & source v3), I wonder if we
> shouldn't use the 1.15.0 version number than Ian had chosen for his upload.
> What do you think?

I went with 1.14.x, as I've had in mind switching to 1.15.x after lenny,
in the same way we did for etch, as this marks a new development cycle,
and features we can add and drop. Of course the versioning is arbitrary
and we could discuss changing it for after lenny, if desired.

> > Once it has gotten some testing we can upload .18 to unstable.
>
> What about using the stable numbering scheme? 1.14.17 to experimental
> but 1.14.17.1 to unstable... (or 1.15.0 and 1.15.0.1)

In this case I think anything we put in master should go for next
release, so normal versioning should be fine, or did you have in mind
branching for some instrusive changes?

There's some things that need to be done before an upload to unstable,
mainly adding the relevant man pages, at least a dpkg-trigger.1 and
a deb-triggers.5, I'll be writting them next few days. Found out that
dupload will not work anymore due to the Checksums changes, I'll file
a bug report, and would be nice to have it fixed before the upload.
dput on the other hand worked fine.

I'd also like to get the filters stuff by Tollef in, and check the
conffile and debconf patches by Sean. But except for these we should
probably stop adding features at this point, and focus mostly on
refactoring and bug fixing. Or is there anything else you guys would
like to get in?

regards,
guillem