Re: Accidentally deleted apt files.Consequences.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:29:13PM +0000, Luca Renaud <renaud.luca@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> I have just deleted all in /var/cache/apt/archives/,so I deleted the lock
> files under /var/cache/apt/archives/
> and under /var/cache/apt/archives/partial.Does this have any relevant effect
> in apt or dpkg
> functions? As I see,apt and dpkg seem to function normally.

  The effect is that apt frontends that were running when you deleted
the lock files will not lock out apt frontends that are started after
the lock files are deleted.  If there weren't any running apt programs
or if they've all exited, you should be fine.

  Daniel