Re: Negotiation ?

Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> If Raphael and Guillem are willing to compromise on anything I'd like
> to hear about it.  At the moment their position seems to be that they
> are the official maintainers and therefore get to rule by decree.

I'm sorry Ian. I do appreciate all your past work in Debian and all
very useful projects you work/worked on.

You need to be in personal problems since it's obvious to me that
you're smart (I consider you a genius for some things) to understand
that what Raphael, Guillem and all other people that disagree with you
said the exactly same thing over and over again. Summary:

If you are willing to cooperate:

 - you take your branch triggers branch
 - rebase, merge patches, put unrelated changes in other patches
 - make this "new" branch available for review
 - in few days it's checked and merged

If you are not willing to cooperate:

 - you wait until someone have time/motivation/whatever to
 - take your triggers branch
 - rebase, merge patches, put unrelated changes in other patches (will
   take more time since that person will need to understand whole
   thing before doing it)
 - make this "new" branch available for review by other team members
 - in few days it's checked and merged

I'm very sorry but who is not willing to help is _you_. I work with
many teams and ofthen I do rebase, and all needed work to get my
_proposed_ changes merged. I don't try to push different policies for
the team to get my changes in; instead I cooperate with them to get
those changes in.

        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."