Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 13:19 -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> including the triggers enhancement which is
> needed for boot time improvements and which should simplify some other
> packaging issues.

I think you mean package install-time improvements, due to postponing
ldconfig until the end of the installation. However, I am not sure how
useful this is because many maintainer scripts not generated by
debhelper call ldconfig locally.

Obviously the maintainer scripts autogenerated by debhelper would be ok
though.

William