Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Wed March 5 2008 13:30:06 Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Mike Bird <mgb@yosemite.net> writes:
> > On Wed March 5 2008 12:29:08 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >> I've been added to dpkg's Uploader a few weeks ago, I'm not dpkg's main
> >> coordinator. I have no veto power, I was mainly trying to give my view
> >> of the situation ...
> >
> > May I suggest then that if no dpkg maintainer objects here
> > within 48 hours that Ian should proceed with his update?
>
> Obviously NO.
>
> It's a team policy and noone outside of team should override it.

Please post the URL for this policy.  I apologize if you've already
posted and I missed it, but Google couldn't find it for me.  The
most recent I could find was from July 2007[0] wherein it states:

  "We have currently no clear policies about commits."

  "There are currently no clear policies about uploads ... ."

When was this changed to block Ian's work?

Thanks,

--Mike Bird

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2007/07/msg00018.html