Re: feature: to add explanations of recommendations and suggestions dependencies

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 22:57, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Shachar Or [Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:36:35 +0300]:
> > I am not suggesting this data will be put in with the package's
> > description,
>
> Why not? I think (briefly) explaining some of the most relevant
> recommends and suggests is a perfect use of the description space. And
> if more verbosity is needed, that information should go into the
> README.Debian file in my opinion.

Of course that while there aren't data 'fields' for this purpose it would be
best that maintainers put this in the description.

I'm suggesting that there be fields for this purpose, specifically - a reason
behind each recommend/sugggest. This would make it possible for tools to
fetch this information specifically, for tools to display this information in
specific locations and perhaps for the system to 'know' for what reason(s) a
package is installed.

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/