Re: Typos in dpkg man pages

Hi Helge,

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 22:34:28 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> while updating the German translation I noticed the following errors
> in the man pages. Please do not update the German translation
> afterwards.
>
> #:../../man/dpkg-buildpackage.1:145
> -(for example by using B</usr/local/bin/make -f debian/rules> as I<rules-file>)
> +(for example by calling B</usr/local/bin/make -f debian/rules> to build the package)

I don't think this change is correct, as here it's referring to it as
an argument to a command line option.

> #: ../../man/dpkg-buildpackage.1:226
> -"Optimization options which are passed to the debian build system and can/"
> +"Optimization options which are passed to the Debian build system and can/"

> -"O2> , or B<-g\\ -O0> if B<noopt> is specified in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS). "
> +"O2>, or B<-g\\ -O0> if B<noopt> is specified in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS). "

> #: ../../man/dpkg-buildpackage.1:259
> -"Preprocessor flags which are passed to the debian build system and can/"
> +"Preprocessor flags which are passed to the Debian build system and can/"

> -"B<CPPFLAGS).>"
> +"B<CPPFLAGS>.)"

> #: ../../man/dpkg-buildpackage.1:246
> -msgid "Same as B<FFLAGS> for Fortran sources."
> +msgid "Same as B<CFLAGS> for Fortran sources."

> #: ../../man/dpkg-checkbuilddeps.1:33
> -"debian/control file."
> +"I<debian/control> file."

Fixed all these.

> #: ../../man/dpkg-genchanges.1:85
> Here I noticed that for some man pages you use B<> to denote file
> names, while for others you use I<>. This possibly should be unified.

I'll put this in my TODO for the man pages and take a look later.

> #: ../../man/start-stop-daemon.8:192
> -"specify a group by appending a B<:>, then the group or gid in the same way "
> +"specify a group by appending a B<:>, then describe the group or gid in the same way "

I don't think this change is correct either.

Thanks for spotting those! they are now fixed in git.

regards,
guillem