Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

* Mike Bird

| Please recall that Ian wrote dpkg (replacing Murdock's earlier
| PERL dpkg).  Ian knows dpkg better than any of the current team.

Ian had one upload of dpkg after September 1996, which was in 1998
before he suddenly regained interest in it about a year or so ago. I'm
not questioning his motives, I am just pointing out that iwj
maintained it for about two out of its fourteen-year life.  Calling
the project Ian's and implying that he has a god-given right to take
back dpkg because he first wrote it is just silly.

--
Tollef Fog Heen