Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Tue March 4 2008 10:44:22 Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Of course this triggers feature has a proper specification.  It was
> > discussed and agreed on debian-dpkg and now resides in the doc/
> > subdirectory of my dpkg triggers tree, which is what Raphael is
> > refusing to allow me to merge.
>
> Raphael seems to have the power to block your packages but he has
> no rational excuse.  Can the tech committee overrule Raphael or
> does Debian need to fork a dpkg under more sensible maintainers?

Isn't this going way out of proportion?  That's the first I hear from any
*refuses* to merge, as opposed to "the merge not going to be done the way I
would like it to happen", and "it is taking too long for it to get merged".

  Henrique Holschuh