Re: Review of file exclusion branch requested

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 11:18:13AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> I've finally gotten around to fixing up my support for excluding bits
> of packages as they are unpacked.  It can be gotten from
> git://git.err.no/dpkg in the master branch (sorry about that, it
> should probably have gone in a separate branch).
>
> It's still missing in the documentation department, but it seems to
> work fine for me in my somewhat light testing.

Just some nitpicks:

void loadfilter(char *fn) should probably be
void loadfilter(const char *fn)

At one point you try to return NULL from
void loadfilters(). That should probably be just "return;"

"gobble replaced file `%.255s'" should probably have
"replaced" replaced with something more fitting.
(IMHO this message should not even be translated, I don't
think anybody except some very few dpkg developers can associate
anything with it). And yeah I know you just copied that, no excuse
to repeat errors of the past ;)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>