Re: Can anybody *please* fix #220044 - broken slave files (link)

Am Sonntag, den 16.12.2007, 14:24 +0100 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> I would like to kindly ask, if any of you guys can please care about
> http://bugs.debian.org/220044 (#392440)? This bug has the potential to
> break things (which it already does, see the bugs it blocks) and it is
> now standing open for more than *4* years, just because nobody seems to
> care about it. Please fix it or tell via BTS, why you are unable or
> reject to fix it.

I'd also like to support this effort since it's a real issue with
respect to the MPI implementations in Debian. It's not possible to
install and use multiple MPI implementations in Debian because this bug
(and related ones) makes it impossible to switch alternatives. Even
worse, all packages which want to build against multiple MPI versions
fail to build or break it. See the gromacs source package as an example.
So it would be really great if you could give this bug a much higher
priority.

I spent some time on trying to fix it myself but failed because I lacked
of time to dive into u-a. I'd like to do some documentation or even
several changes to make the u-a code more readable, if this work is
appreciated.

> Many thanks for your work on dpkg,

Yes, thanks a lot!

Best regards