Re: dpkg patch

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> >> I am not interested in forgetting to type -I.git and uploading a tar
> >> file full of .git/ files.
>
> > Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> writes:
> > Note that in the last Debian version of dpkg, "-I" is enough to exclude
> > all standard RCS related directories.
>
> after reading dpkg-source, it seems to me that you are confusing -I with
> -i. the default options for ignoring files seem to be implemented for
> creating .diff.gz only (-i) but not nof creating tarballs (-I).

No, it's very recent (1.14.7) but look at the changelog and the manual
page:

  * Allow dpkg-source -I without a pattern which will load a default
    list of pattern similar to -i without regexp. Patch by
    Jari Aalto. Closes: #440972
  * Rework documentation of dpkg-source's -i and -I options.
    Closes: #323911, #440956

http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=commitdiff;h=f548f40ba483fe8c2b0eab32ccfd1f3bd3cf769e;hp=038dfb57268b11dc16808ccb6d49fd53660fd5a5

Raphaël Hertzog