"dpkg-git update" and "dpkg-git commit"

Hello,
I just had a private discussion with Raphäel Hertzog regarding commit
rules for dpkg. Raphäel had the following suggestion:

----- Forwarded message from Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> -----
<snip>

> We have no way to filter anything on the server side. But maybe we can
> provide you some scripts that hide the git commands behind two scripts
> like "dpkg-git update" and "dpkg-git commit" (which would have the
> same logic as SVN).
>
> If that sounds reasonable (and I think it is), maybe you can suggest the
> idea on debian-dpkg@l.d.o.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Raphaël Hertzog
----- End forwarded message -----

I like the idea quite a bit and thus would be enlightend if something
like this could be implemented and distributed. This would also allow
you to update the actual git commands without anyone noticing :-))

Greetings

            Helge