Re: Why isn't the merge patch being merged?

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Johan Walles wrote:
> Bug 120152 (include a "merge" option when dpkg finds modded conf
> files) has nine duplicates and (at least) one patch.
>
> What's stopping the patch from being merged?

Lack of review mainly.

We have many patches lying in the BTS but many of them are old and
probably don't apply anymore and need to be refreshed and discussed.

Maybe this one is different, but then it's one out of many and until
someone does the work to apply it, test it, it will continue lying
here.

The dpkg team is quite small compared to the task represented by the
hundreds of bug reports. So the time of the main committers is limited and
they can't review all bugs.

Help is always welcome.

Raphaël Hertzog