Re: New Git repository

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I just finished creating the git repository with as much history as I
> could reasonably gather (old tarballs from Ian, CVS history, tarballs of
> uploads during the Arch period, and finally SVN history).
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=summary

I just made some crude last-minute updates in the tags. So if you have
already cloned the repository, the easiest is to scratch it and reclone
it.

> Future
> ------
> The repository is up-to-date with the SVN, so it would be best if we would
> switch directly so that I don't have to reimport the newer commits in git. :-)

Commits to SVN have been blocked with a pre-commit script. Guillem made
his first commit in the Git tree, so it looks like the Git repository is
official now. :-)

Raphaël Hertzog