Re: dpkg 2.0?

Hi all,

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 12:03:39PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> [...]
> The dpkg code is quite old, and badly abused by one particularly
> prolific previous maintainer, so it is in need of an overhaul by an
> expert C programmer.

    Sorry for insisting so much, but I really think we should try to get at
least some basic dpkg testing _before_ we refactor code or make any
"overhaul".

    I don't know about you, but I'm _very afraid_ of touching badly written C
code without any "safety net". Especially if that code belongs to the most
important program in Debian.

    Regards,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!