Re: Create a project on Alioth and choose a RCS?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 02:45:32AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 02:17:31PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:38:57AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > So (shouting out loud), who knows how to import an Arch archive into
> > > SVN and keeping the history.
> >
> > Yesterday I started looking into this, I've got the CVS repo locally,
> > and I'm starting to play with tailor. It says it supports importing
> > from bazaar-ng fine, but no from baazar or tla.
>
> Did you continue looking into this?

Unfortunately, no.

> After we have the first release out now I would try to tackle this task
> as soon as possible. And before I start to take a look at it myself I
> would like to know if you have already learned something valuable.

I converted with cvs2svn the existing cvs repo in cvs.debian.org. I
wanted to just add the missing pieces from arch. But I could not get
it to work properly. Then I tried to import the whole thing from arch
and it exploded in different ways.

Here's the latest config I used and I've have found on my disk.
And I'm not yet sure that the current arch repo with the imported cvs
history contains all cvs branches and tags...

--- X< --- [ dpkg.project ] ---
[DEFAULT]
verbose = True

[project]