Re: analysis of Nexenta's patches to dpkg

I've taken a look at the patches against the stuff in the scripts/
directory because that's the code I'm familiar with.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 04:27:09PM -0500, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
>  * Expand regex
>  scripts/dpkg-architecture.pl         |    2

They made the check actually stricter. But they didn't document why.
Probably not important.

>  * Allow gpg to be executed with --passphrase-fd for bulk operations
>  scripts/dpkg-buildpackage.sh         |    4

Might be worthwile. The patch adds a side effect though (changes the
file to sign), would need to take a closer look to see wether this
 is something to worry about.

>  * Adjust regex
>  scripts/dpkg-shlibdeps.pl            |    2

Loosened it in fact. Didn't care to document why. Does the ldd
output differ on their system?

>  * Add support for svn exported directories
>  scripts/dpkg-source.pl               |    7

*shudder*

All in all probably nothing to merge in this part of the patch
without a proper request and explanations...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/