Re: Bug#311843: debsig-verify: Completely breaks installation of standard sarge packages
- To: Ben Collins <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#311843: debsig-verify: Completely breaks installation of standard sarge packages
- From: frank <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:06:26 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20050606210552.GA13662@phunnypharm.org> (Ben Collins's message of "Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:05:53 -0400")
- References: <E1DeHYL-0000Rlfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20050603205328.GA12349@phunnypharm.org> <email@example.com> <20050606210552.GA13662@phunnypharm.org>
Hi dpkg folks,
here's a bug report I originally opened against debsig-verify, but it
seems it is in fact in dpkg, and supposed to be fixed long ago.
However, some of it still occurred again with dpkg 1.10.28.
Do you think I should reassign this to dpkg?
Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Either way, it would be a bug in dpkg, not debsig-verify. Dpkg should not
> be using debsig-verify by default (and debsig-verify does nothing to make
> itself be used by dpkg, other than installing it's binary).
> Either reassign to dpkg, or close, please.
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 02:13:49PM +0200, frank wrote:
>> reopen 311843
>> Ben Collins <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > This was fixed with latest dpkg a long time ago.
>> > On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 09:09:57PM +0200, Frank Kuester wrote:
>> >> Package: debsig-verify
>> >> Version: 0.7
>> >> Severity: critical
>> >> Justification: breaks the whole system
>> So why did it happen on a machine I just recently installed (with a DVD
>> image I jigdoo'ed during the night from 2005-05-31 to 06-01), and on an
>> other box which was up-to-date, except for the three packages in the bug
>> The dpkg version I have here (newly installed box) is 1.10.28, the other
>> I can only check tonight, but I expect it's the same.
>> Regards, Frank
>> Frank K?ster
>> Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Z?rich
>> Debian Developer
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich