Merge support? - again

Hi,

Sorry for annoyingly repeating myself, but I'd really like to know what the
plans are regarding conffile merge support. The fact is, I've been asked to
start maintaining an unofficial, parallel, patched branch of dpkg that would
include the patch for #120152 (probably because I initially provided a
precompiled binary for testing and it stayed up to date for many months).

Needless to say, of course, I'd much rather see the feature in dpkg trunk and
Wichert mentioned something about merging in "dpkg musings". So, some sort of
status update, anyone?

- Jarno