Re: dpkg hooks

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 23:52 +0100, GreG N wrote:

> I'd like to take a stab at hooks for dkpg. Does anyone
> have some suggestions / insights into how this could
> best be done ? I checked the mail archives & wishlist
> bugs but apart from some requirements, I couldn't find
> anything technical.

It entirely depends what you want to get out of it; there's a fairly
simple patch to add the most basic kind of hook to dpkg in the BTS
already.

The reason this hasn't been applied is because it'll be better to do it
properly and provide a full-featured triggers system.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?