Re: dpkg musings

Em Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:47:53 -0500, Joey Hess escreveu:

> While your API will allow for things like ucf (or aptitude) to use the
> same DB as dpkg does for managing config files

	Wouldn't we eventually need a general-purpose relational (not
SQL!) DB as the basis of the OS?

	Gnome is about to get Storage.  The installer will have a DB.
A sane relational (as in Date and Darwen's D) lightweight, extensible
DBMS engine could be there from the installer on and then be used by
Gnome Storage, email software, etc.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm>
Maringá, PR, BRASIL