Re: Merge support? - again

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 20:44, Jarno Elonen wrote:

> Sorry for annoyingly repeating myself, but I'd really like to know what the
> plans are regarding conffile merge support. The fact is, I've been asked to
> start maintaining an unofficial, parallel, patched branch of dpkg that would
> include the patch for #120152 (probably because I initially provided a
> precompiled binary for testing and it stayed up to date for many months).

I can only speak for myself here, but my current priority wrt dpkg is to
make a serious crater in the open bug list.  Things like new conffile
support would be destined for trunk/HEAD, rather than the stable branch.

I'm not sure what the state of the patch on #120152 is.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?