congrats, bug and feature request

congrats:
First of all I'd like to extend my congratulations to
the dpkg maintainers.  Debian package management is
great, and IMHO makes debian far more advanced than
any other OS or distro I've worked with.

bug:
I was installing an initrd kernel package, and the
installer told me to put a nonexistant initrd.img
entry to lilo.conf.  Being somewhat of a newbie, I
didn't know that such was the responsibility of dpkg,
and I started researching mkinitrd to figure out how
to create one.  The whole thing would have been
resolved had dpkg put in a soft link from the image
that was sitting in /boot into /initrd.img.

feature request:
It would be nice if the remove, list, print, etc...
actions would accept a .deb filename in addition to
specification by package name.

-Travis