Re: gcc on a biarch system

* marc.miller@amd.com <marc.miller@amd.com> [030707 14:41]:
> Since other ISVs are adopting the use of linux32, I recommend
> consistency here.  AFAIK, the basic functions of linux32 are (1) to
> change the architecture reported by uname, and (2) to adjust the
> available address space for that process to 3GB, such as you would
> find on most 32-bit Linux systems (many programs get confused when
> they have access to the full 4GB of 32-bit addressable space, and
> imposing a limit unconfused them).  Exact behavior can be modified by
> passing switches to the command.

If I understand what linux32 does the program is quite trivial.

$ uname -m
x86_64
$ ./linux32 uname -m
i686

I am not a Debian developer (yet), so maybe someone that is can package
it to speed up the process...

Regards,
Bart.

--- snip ---

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/personality.h>

int main (int argc, char *const argv[])
{
        int rc;

        if (argc<2) {
                printf ("usage: linux32 <program> <arguments>\n");
		exit (1);
        }

        rc = personality (PER_LINUX32);
        if (rc == -1) {