Re: Disabled to unpack any deb file...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Disabled to unpack any deb file...
- From: Martin Quinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:40:29 +0200
- Message-id: <20030408114029.GH1170@galadriel>
- In-reply-to: <000801c2fdb6$9e5263b0$1900a8c0@server>
- References: <000801c2fdb6$9e5263b0$1900a8c0@server>
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:07:09PM +0200, Srednja skola Metkovic wrote:
> Few days ago I installed new dpkg (1.9.21) package from debian distib site because of some requiremens of
> some packages that couldn't be managed with old version - REDME told me that.
> OK. I installed new one , but now I can't unpack any .deb packages, I have errors:
> ....Origin signature check failed. This deb maight not be signed. !!!
> .... Verification on package ..... failed.
> Ohh, what to do?. Now I am paralized with my Debian progeny 1.0 system (kernel 2.2.18).
> Is there solution different than reinstallation of system, to reconstruct old dpkg.
Give a try to the --no-debsig option. You could also do
echo "no-debsign" >> /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg
to fix this problem permanently.
> In dependency list I encounter some problems with sysvinit (<< 2.80). When I tried to install sysvinit it didn't permit me!
> I tried it in console mode too, without X system without success.
What's the error message?