Recurring trouble with dpkg.

dpkg has been continually failing with this error when performing
post-installation configuration. Installation of new packages is fine, but
I think it's tripping up on either a bad package or a problem with one of
the databases (it occurred after configuring xmms-sid in sarge about a week
ago). I've been hoping it'd go away, but it's not done so.

Here's the output:

zx81:/mnt/foo/home/nine# dpkg --pending --configure
dpkg: /mount/md0/home/adam/debian/mine/dpkg/v1_10/dpkg-1.10.9/main/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 5' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I can put the core dump somewhere if it'll help with debugging?

Anyhows, is there a way I can stop this occurring?

Kind regards,
Rob.

--
rob                                 <e> rob@impure.org.uk <pgp> 0x8bb5c71e