Re: dpkg/main/help.c

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:

> > In this environment, the chmod() will fail, and this is causing my
> > `apt-get install ssh' to fail.
> Could bindfs mounts better handle this for you? I've used it extensively
> on chroot environments.

You mean `mount --bind'?  No, definitely not.  `root' still needs to be
able to replace the files, and it is not acceptable for one vserver to be
able to alter another vserver's files in any way.
--
   Sam Vilain, sam@vilain.net     WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
    7D74 2A09 B2D3 C30F F78E      GPG: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc

Although Mr Chavez 'was democratically elected,' one had to bear in
mind that 'Legitimacy is something that is conferred not just by a
majority of the voters, however"
 - The office of George "Dubya" Bush commenting on the Venezuelan
   election