plugin interface

Would it be possible to have a plugin interface to dpkg?

I would like to write a plugin (.so) to be called for every file that dpkg
installs before it is renamed to it's final name.  After the file is fully
created I would like my function to be called with two parameters, one being
the file handle to the open file, the other being the name that will be used
once the installation is complete.

This should have less overhead than my current method of assigning SE Linux
file types to files, while also giving more flexibility.

What do you think?  I'm happy to code up a prototype if you think that the
idea doesn't totally suck...