Re: prelink cron script

Daniel,
   The prelink tarball has been released by Jakub, as Ulrich pointed
out to me. I have packaged prelink myself and passed this on to
Chris Chimelis (who had done a test packaging himself last year).
I think Chris intends, as debian binutils maintainer, to be the
prelink maintainer. Unfortunately he is suffering from major hardware
problems now and it may be awhile before he can deal with that.
If anyone has a site where they would like to host the debian sources
for the required libelfg0 and prelink, I'll happily pass my copies
on them so others can play with prelinking. We already have
glibc 2.3-1 in the debian glibc cvs so everything else is in place.
All you need is a kernel > 2.4.10 (I would get as current as possible
...I'm on 2.4.20pre9 myself).
   Oh, I have totally prelinked my machine and other than emacs and
j2sdk everything prelinks fine. Those two aren't surprising as they do
their own vm. Oh, the current openoffice.org isn't totally tested yet
on ppc as the current build is a borked gcc 3.1.1/3.2.1 mutant. Jan
is rebuilding that purely with gcc 3.2.1 and I'll test that as soon
as it is available.
                               Jack
ps Prelinking actually has some neat side benefits as it highlights
and broken/missing shared lib dependencies on your machine. For
example it pointed out that both ogle-gui and w3c-libwww had issues
in their build/packaging. It will also let you know if a binary or
lib is too old to be prelinked and you can just do a local rebuild
against the current binutils to solve that. These binaries will
show up in prelinking as...

Not enough room to add .dynamic entry

..errors.