Re: Recurring trouble with dpkg.

[Rob Andrews wrote in newsgate.debian.dpkg]
 > zx81:/mnt/foo/home/nine# dpkg --pending --configure
 > dpkg: /mount/md0/home/adam/debian/mine/dpkg/v1_10/dpkg-1.10.9/main/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 5' failed.
 > Aborted (core dumped)
 > I can put the core dump somewhere if it'll help with debugging?
 > Anyhows, is there a way I can stop this occurring?

My bad, I must be getting lame in my old age.

I turned on all the debugging options and found dpkg was failing during the
postinst phases of configuring the current openbox package in sid. A quick
purge and fallback to using blackbox for now has resolved this, but the
above problem still exists if I try to install openbox.

Doesn't look like the file /var/lib/dpkg/info/openbox.postinst has a
problem, it runs with the parameter "configure" and returns an exit code of
0, and the entry for it in /var/lib/dpkg/available looks as though it's
fine. So I've no idea why this is happening :/

Apologies for my first mail being so vague.

--
rob                                 <e> rob@impure.org.uk <pgp> 0x8bb5c71e