Re: dpkg enhancements for better debconf support

Anthony Towns wrote:
> > 2. Somehow work out which regular maintainer scripts expect to
> >    communicate with debconf, and run them under /usr/bin/debconf.
>
> How about just having something like "#!/usr/lib/debconf/script /bin/sh" ?

That's reasonably slick, but it leaves it up to debconf to figure out
the name of the package being installed. Which is a pain for preinsts
especially and not very pretty in general.

I suppose #!/usr/bin/debconf -p<package> /bin/sh could be embedded into
every maintainer script that uses debconf. Or dpkg could set an
environment variable or something.

--
see shy jo