Re: dpkg/main/help.c

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:

> > In this environment, the chmod() will fail, and this is causing my
> > `apt-get install ssh' to fail.
> Could bindfs mounts better handle this for you? I've used it extensively
> on chroot environments.

You mean `mount --bind'?  No, definitely not.  `root' still needs to be
able to replace the files, and it is not acceptable for one vserver to be
able to alter another vserver's files in any way.
   Sam Vilain, sam@vilain.net     WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
    7D74 2A09 B2D3 C30F F78E      GPG: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc
    278A A425 30A9 05B5 2F13

Although Mr Chavez 'was democratically elected,' one had to bear in
mind that 'Legitimacy is something that is conferred not just by a
majority of the voters, however"
 - The office of George "Dubya" Bush commenting on the Venezuelan