cleaned TODO file
Just stumbled upon the old section of the TODO... here's a simple patch to
remove all the stuff that's not applicable.
2. That which causes joy or happiness.
RCS file: /cvs/dpkg/dpkg/TODO,v
retrieving revision 1.18
diff -u -r1.18 TODO
--- TODO 2002/05/23 20:18:21 1.18
+++ TODO 2002/06/22 00:44:52
@@ -55,21 +55,14 @@
* _always_ show section in --yet-to-unpack
* automatically do --yet-to-unpack in installation methods
* check depending packages when installing new version.
- * error handling from some dselect actions. 1399
* Several things ought to be configurable but aren't.
* Filenames containing newlines. Conffile names containing spaces.
- * dpkg --status for virtual packages
* logging, both transcript logs (kept briefly)
and action logs (kept forever?) 957
- * start-stop-daemon process status check. 1480
- * openpgp signatures in the package archive
other stuff unlikely to get done soon
* Purge a.out compatibility from source (keep the upgrade stuff in
- * Automatically remove <file>.gz if <file> can't be found ? and maybe,
- remove <file> if <file.gz> can't be found? Big mess when we start
- thinking about bz2 :/
* Local version number (using non-numeric epoch, perhaps, or better yet,
a --local option in dpkg, so that it marks this package as a local install
(when running dpkg -i)? Keeps it from being listed as obsolete, and maybe
@@ -82,40 +75,16 @@
and -L without having dpkg act on this (.psuedolist?)
* diversions list as control archive entry
* single maintainer script, and new package getting there first
- * dpkg -s show something for virtual packages
- * settable defaults for update-rc.d
+ * dpkg -s|--status show something for virtual packages
* local conffiles, aswell as local files that dpkg should check before
- * There is no documentation. 1526
* newbie interface to dselect. 1037
* dselect per-half focus and keybindings improvements. 1555
* floppy map (where are the files)
* how to change case of package names
* support for adding files to dpkg's file lists
* `fake' or `null' packages
- * dpkg --query | -Q
- * highlight or pre-sort or something new or changed packages,
- during upgrade selection.
- * side-by-side version display
- * version number comparison option
- * Pre-Depends installation ordering
- * a.out version
- * uncomment ELF preinst modification
- * Replaces (auto-deselect for conflicts)
- * Replaces (don't overwrite otherwise)
- * compile with ELF GCC out of the box
- * dpkg --print-architecture
- * Architecture field check
- * symlink rename change
- * dpkg --listfiles should do better for multi-package files (pkg, pkg: ...)
- * --purge remove empty directories which used too contain conffiles
- * conffiles handling options, including `replace removed files'
- * `diff' option at conffile prompt
- * check description in dpkg-deb
- * update-alternatives prompting.
obsoleted so not done
* version numbers not starting digit early.