Re: dpkg triggers

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:18:38AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:13, Brian May wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:18:37AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > I'm working on a hack for dpkg to allow equivalent functionality to rpm
> > > triggers.
> > What applications does this have?
> What I want to do is relabel files with the SE Linux context after each
> package is installed.
> More generically any time you need to have your script be run after another
> package is installed you can have a trigger do it.

Other applications are for "update-menus" and for things like "texhash",
which really only need to be run once after a complete apt-get
dist-upgrade (or maybe not at all if none of the applicable packages
got upgraded).  Running a bunch of scripts after every single postinst
would seem pretty hideous for an upgrade between stable releases.

Cheers,
aj

                        Vote [1] Bdale!