Re: dpkg triggers

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:18:38AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> What I want to do is relabel files with the SE Linux context after each
> package is installed.

Ok. Sounds good.

I guess this is a tradeoff from putting the relabel commands directly
into each package (which would become tedious as more security systems,
eg ACLs, come into place). Plus, I doubt that every maintainer will want
to support SE-Linux...

Instead you would need some sort of database that the trigger scripts
can access, to know how to relabel each file for each version of each
package.

Maybe this database could contain policy files needed for each package
too.

Maintaining this database could be an interesting challange too...
distributed or centralized?

Anyway, just a few random thoughts that probably have more to
do with SE-Linux then triggers.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>