Re: dpkg was interrupted, you must MANUALLY *what*...????

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > Which is why there is a command-pipe feature as well.
>
> Oh? Last I was told that was too difficult for you guys to do or something
> like that.

It's not.  Just ignore what Ian said.

> vore{jgg}~#dpkg --command-pipe
> dpkg: unknown option --command-pipe

Try --command-fd, but it's disabled, pending testing, as it didn't give any
speedup.

> --status-pipe is in the change log but, it's actually called --status-fd,
> and it doesn't really seem to work:
>
> vore{root}~#dpkg --status-fd 1 --configure apt
> dpkg: error processing apt (--configure):
>  package apt is already installed and configured
>  apt

It only logs changes in a package's status.

How about you tell us what you want, exactly, instead of us having to guess,
then you saying it's wrong, and then giving up?  Wichert and I both have asked
you before for what you want, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.