Re: [jakemsr@clipper.net: Re: lie to apt]

Jacob Meuser schrieb:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:52:00PM +0100, Arthur Korn wrote:
> > Another thing to look at is the equivs package, which provides
> > tools to build empty dummy packages.
> >

> Useful, but ah, what is it, a "terrible hack"?

Well, it's building packages that satisfy dependencies even
thought you didn't really install anything. If you uninstall
your local stuff and forget the empty package it might screw up
your system (depends on the importance of the package, with libc
it would be really bad for example :).

ciao, 2ri
--
"I didn't know it was impossible when I did it."