Current "dpkg on Hurd" issues

Hi,

dpkg 1.8.3.1 still does not deliver a functional dpkg for the Hurd.
Here is a list of all out standing issues I am aware of. Most of them are
known for a long time by now.

* #31620: Use of hard fixed errno ENOENT in some scripts
  Wichert says he would ask Jason if apt copes with a predependency on
  perl-5.6-base. If it doesn't, it should, but it makes sense to delay the
  change until apt can cope if it can't already, if that is not an infinite
  amount of time.

* #76941: archtable/configure.in vs i386-gnu/i386-gnu0.2
  configure.in should check for the prefix rather than an exact match.
  Same issue on some BSD systems, see
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg-0011/msg00017.html

* #68783: Calls scripts in /var/lib/dpkg/info without the full path, breaking
  debconf. Wichert says he thinks it's a bug in the Hurd[1], but in any way
  the behaviour debconf relies on is not guaranteed by any standard. He said
  also he will add the work around[2], but it hasn't happened yet.

* Depends on sysvinit (>= 2.72), which is not available on the Hurd.
  A provides in some Hurd package is not good enough because dpkg can't
  cope with versioned dependencies on provided packages last time I checked.

* dpkg-shlibdeps and /usr -> . symlink.
  See http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg-0102/msg00006.html

Thanks,
Marcus

[1] It's not.
[2] In my interpretation, a work around for debconf, although I think
Wichert might mean it's a work around for the Hurd. See [1] ;).