Re: improving "dpkg --list"

Previously Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> The patch below (against dpkg 1.9.16) provides two options that work
> with --list option.  Their effect is to omit packages from the list
> that aren't currently installed.  There are two options to pick two
> different levels of "uninstalledness".

I was planning on doing this differently actually. The idea is
to add options to dpkg-query that filter its output. installed
and uninstalled are just special cases of a more flexible
filter that should be implemented.

At any rate such changes should not be made in the dpkg 1.9 tree,
that does not even have the dpkg-query tool which is the place where
these features belong.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |