Re: cleanly upgrading from woody to cvs dpkg?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: cleanly upgrading from woody to cvs dpkg?
- From: James Troup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 22 Jul 2001 19:12:37 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0107210431360.1515-100000@localhost>
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.33.0107210431360.1515-100000@localhost>
Adam Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Isn't there something in policy about willy nilly adding pre-depends
> > without consulting some list?
> Section 7.2 talks about dependency relations, and just says to use pre-depends
> sparingly. It doesn't mention asking a list first.
| 2.3.4. Dependencies
| You should not specify a `Pre-Depends' entry for a package before this
| has been discussed on the `debian-devel' mailing list and a consensus
| about doing that has been reached.